Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Digipermed Hair 4th month Update

After having my Digiperm last October, 2015, my hair grows longer that I had to cut it 2 months later to eliminate the damage.  As time passes by, my curls become looser and looks more natural, it’s less twisted but I love it more because it’s easier to maintain & looks better every day.  So here is a 4-month update of my digipermed hair.

This is what my perm looks like on the 2nd day.  After having my digiperm, I immediately washed it the following day because I don’t like the feeling when my scalp feels oily & hair becomes greasy.  I washed it using lukewarm water and a conditioner (no shampoo!).  I used shampoo on the 3rd day.  I air dry my hair then do the twist and scrunch technique & didn’t put any hair product on it.




After 1 week, it already looks like this; curls are tighter & more twisted.  It’s beautiful! My officemates often tease me of having a hair like goldilocks because of my hair color & totally twisted hair.  I asked Mr. Shin of Beauty Brick Hair Studio if I could already tie my hair up and he said it’s already okay.  






















After 2 weeks, curls become looser and I already discovered the art of drying my hair to achieve different looks, volume and size of curls that I want.  In this photo below, I wanted a looser messy kind of curl so what I did was after air drying my hair, I just comb it using wide stainless steel toothed comb.


1 month after my digiperm, my hair is easier to manage and style.  In this photo below, I wanted a natural wave so I blow dried my hair using a diffuser, then put Loreal Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil as a finishing touch.





This is how my perm looks like after 2 months, I normally dry it using a fan & combed it with wide-toothed rubber comb.





After 3 months, it becomes larger and looser. Some curls started to straightened a little bit but I love it even more because I really wanted my curls to look more natural.  Here, I just air dry my hair & didn’t put any product on it.




Here is the present look of my perms (4 months after).  I still do the twist & scrunch technique.  My hair now is a mix of twisted and wavy hair.




You can style your digipermed hair in different ways depending on your mood.  Though permed hair is harder to maintain, it’s still fun to have them because you can style them on whatever you want and achieve different volume and size of curls.  I’m planning to have my hair retouched/digipermed again after 6 months.  So for all the girls who want to have digipermed hair, just go for it! Don’t be afraid to try different style on your hair! Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Hope mine looks good as yours. Can I ask what color is your hair and where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair and its color. What color is your hair?

    ReplyDelete