Monday, February 23, 2015

My First Digiperm Experience :)

I had my first digiperm experience last October 31, 2014 @ Beauty Brick Salon.  I’ve wanted to try it for so long but I was skeptical by the trauma I had with my first cold perm experience in 2009.  You guys might be confused on the difference between a cold perm a.k.a. “normal perm” and a hot perm a.k.a. “digiperm”.  One major difference is in the method of perming, with cold perm it only uses a perming solution while with digiperm it uses perming solution + hot rods.  Another difference is with the texture and shape of the curls, with cold perm, curls are more noticeable when wet and looser when dry while with digiperm, curls are more prominent when hair is dry.

With my cold perm experience, the curls are very small and after drying it, half the length of my hair becomes kinky (I have long hair back then) so I had no choice but to have it cut.  I was really dreaded by the idea of having curls again, but because of the bandwagon about digiperm & after tons of research, I finally decided give it a try but this time with the use of different method of perming and  since I have a little damaged hair due to coloring and styling, digiperm would be best for me.

Anyway, I decided to have it done @ Beauty Brick because of my sister-in-law.  Her hair was beautifully curled by said salon.  It’s not the typical perm; with her it looks more natural & easy to style.  So I asked her where her hair was done & I did some research too and mind you guys, most of the reviews I have read of Beauty Brick were fantastic.

The salon is located in Makati; I find the location really vague even if it’s just located along Jupiter st.  Just be mindful that when you see red ribbon bakeshop, the bldg. where the salon is located is nearly there beside RCBC bank.  My tip for those who are planning to avail of their services: you should call them first to have your schedule because there are plenty of customers even on WEEKDAYS! I had my hair done on Thursday, I went there early @ 10am sharp (opening hours) but to my surprise the salon is already full of customers most of them having digiperm.


On my way to Beauty Brick...

Beauty Brick Hair Art Studio


They assisted me immediately upon my arrival since I've already set my schedule with them day before.  I managed to sit beside a long time customer of beauty brick and she mentioned that her daughter had her first digiperm experience on a well-known Korean salon and it was really a disaster, but after having it done with beauty brick salon her hair was a perfect beach wave.   

The process starts with a shampoo & blow dry after.  While blow-drying my hair, they made me choose on the pictures of digipermed hair in magazine.  I told Mr. Shin (owner of salon) I wanted big curls but he told her assistant/translator (trivia: Mr. Shin is Japanese not Korean) that for first timers it is advisable to have medium curls as it will last longer, estimate of 3-6 months depending on how you maintain/treat your hair, but with my sister-in-law she managed to have her curls for almost a year.

A solution is applied after a Keratin Treatment, leaving it for 10-15 minutes.  Mr. Shin along with her 2 staffs started curling my hair, rolling it into rods, wrapped my hair and placed it under a heating machine.  After 30 minutes or so, they removed the machine and applied neutralizer and leave it again for another 15 minutes.  After washing my hair, they blow dry and set it while giving me instructions on how to dry it.  They instructed me not to wash it for at least 24 hours; only combed it when hair is wet and always use the twist & scrunch technique.  You can ask any question you want with regards to your digipermed hair since all the staffs were very accommodating.
captured by my daughter, summer :)


So after spending almost 3 hours in the salon, Voila! I so loved my soft -medium –curls! Thanks to Mr. Shin & his staff for the great salon experience. 



Next on my blog would be the aftercare guide & my digipermed hair 4-month update, stay tuned! 

BEAUTY BRICK HAIR ART STUDIO:
PACKAGE: 3,500.00php (standard price) includes digiperm, treatment & haircut.
STORE: Unit 103 Doña Consolacion Bldg. 122, Jupiter st., Bel-Air, Makati City, 1209.
Contact: 0917-5200044 / 473-5108
Operating Hours: 10a.m. – 10p.m. daily


3 comments:

  1. How I wish my experience was same as yours. Mine turned out bad. I availed the digiperm service of EdwinLisa Salon at their JP Rizal branch in Makati using the Metrodeal voucher. It was a total of almost 6hrs of procedure and it cost me 4k (incl. root color, treatment, half rebond) but the result was frustrating. I was told that I’m okay to leave even if my hair was still dripping wet and was applied with 10-12pumps of curling lotion. When my hair finally dried, it was so stiff and heavy. My hair looked so messy and frizzy. I don’t know what to do with my hair now, I even messaged the fb page of EdwinLisa but they did not reply. I had my digiperm at a Korean Salon last year but the result was beautiful and it even cost me less (ensogo voucher 1.8k only).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! May I know your hair color? Looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for a good Seattle digital perm there are few things you should know about the latest trends and treatments for one of your greatest assets: your hair - short or long, straight, wavy or curly. Nowadays there are so many great kinds of treatment, which instead of damaging, drying and frizzing your hair, make it more beautiful, shiny and healthy than it was on its own. Take a hair perm for example. Remember the tiny hair spiral and perm curls that were the result of the spiral hair perm of days gone by? No, let's not think about it and rather see what is new in terms of hair perm.

    ReplyDelete